expert advice: how to glue the tiles and plasterboard 4 plus material
The technological process of laying tiles on gypsum board has its own characteristics and is much easier than on concrete poverhnostGipsokarton - material used for decoration. It consists of several layers. It has a kind of "sandwich" that is, filling the filler (plaster) located between two sheets of very thick cardboard. It has a different thickness. It is advisable to use various thicknesses of drywall, selecting it based on the use of specific papers.
Plasterboard and tiles: pros and cons
The material has many advantages, but there are also cons.
First the pros:
- Plasterboard is ideal for indoor use, including in homes, since it is 100% environmentally friendly. In the manufacture of plasterboard toxic substances are not used.
- "Breathes" drywall. Using such material in the interior of his apartment, we greatly facilitates air. After the drywall absorbs excess moisture or gives it, if the air in the room dry. Thus, there is room climate control.
- Drywall - a versatile material. When choosing material with enhanced properties such as improved fire resistance, strength, significantly expand application field. And you can pleasantly surprised to find that the sheet of material can be used not only for leveling walls, and, for example, to create room dividers.
- Plasterboard is very practical to use. When working with it almost no waste.
Drywall - an environmentally friendly material, so it can be used for decoration for any purpose
And as any material, plasterboard has its drawbacks. When installing it is necessary to read them carefully and use this knowledge in practice.
What is the drawback of the material:
- Even reinforced gypsum board moisture resistance can not cope with direct flow in the water. From a long stay in the water, it will float just swell. Significantly deteriorate the appearance.
- Despite the fact that the drywall considers durable material, it is easy to damage, such as a severe blow. It is necessary to take into account this nuance and further strengthen the construction, requiring special strength.
- The complexity of the installation. At wrong drywall compound, may be damaged joints. Treatment of joints without complying with minimum technical standards could damage the entire structure. Alternatively, lead to progressive deformation.
It begins the process by selecting the material.
Tile adhesive for drywall
Choosing a glue, depending on conditions and the desired result.
Cementitious adhesive is durable and inexpensive material used for fixation of ceramic tiles on a plaster base
Types of adhesives:
- Elastic adhesive. Expensive material, but it is stronger than all the others. Issued by manufacturers in a dry form and in the form of already prepared solution. What form to buy a ready-made or dry, solve the master.
- Cement adhesive agent. Very popular. Carefully read the instructions on dilution solution. Use of such adhesives need to pre-wetted surface of drywall. Avoid streaks of glue is possible if the first row to start from the bottom. When applied using a notched trowel. Cost-effective option.
- "Liquid Nails". Purpose Adhesive. It is used for connection surfaces of different structure. Water based. Using this type of glue on the entire scope of work is not economically feasible. Spot-on, fix bugs more practical.
- Polyurethane and epoxy adhesives. Only laid onto the primed surface. It is further gidroizoryatorom.
Is it possible to glue the tiles on plasterboard
When you do the repairs in the apartment with his hands, inevitably raises questions. And the walls lined with plasterboard, and doubt. Is it possible to stick to the surface of such a plan tile? If to take into account when working with tiles and plasterboard all the nuances not violate the technology, this method of decoration you will find practical.
Laying ceramic tiles must be carried out only on the moisture resistant drywall
While in a room takes place finish, laying tile should be on the water-resistant drywall. All designs must be strengthened in order to prevent deformation of the joints of the weight of the tile.
Before the work should carefully examine all instructions, buy everything you need and it is advisable to consult with a specialist. To find a suitable for your interior tiles. Tiles should not be large in the first place, because, with a small tile is more convenient to work, and secondly, the small tile weight will allow the glue to hold it firmly and completely dry, which prevents deformation of the joints.
The basic rule laying tiles - reducing the impact of subsequent rows of tiles glued first. Compliance with a minimum interval of one hour - a condition that is necessary for execution. Drying time of adhesive - 24 hours. You should always wait for the complete drying of the adhesive, before moving on to the next stages of gluing tiles.
For better traction, no matter what kind of glue you use, applied to the drywall primer. Arm yourself with a measuring tape and calculator. Treat responsibly to the calculations, because it is necessary in order to solve a part of the wall begin to glue ceramic tiles.
How to drywall glued tiles
At the initial stage we expose level, nailed wooden bar at the bottom. Why do you need it? Securely nailed plank, performs a support role for the tile, which allows to protect it from sliding down. And calibrated nailed strip may be guided with a label ceramic tile.
Laying tiles on a plaster base produced in the same way as in any other surface
As mentioned earlier, study the instructions carefully. Use their measurements in the calculation of the adhesive solution. Purchase solution should be in the exact amount to nothing clouded and not stop the process of gluing the tiles.
There is no need to apply the adhesive layer is too thick, because the smooth surface of the gypsum board.
Press the tile to the glue-coated surfaces should be firmly. You can use a hammer, but only with a rubber tip. The first row is placed in full and with great care, it is the first number will become the standard and measure of all subsequent rows. Use an ordinary building level, it should not be clean throughout the work. Monitor their every row, this will help avoid any unpleasant surprises. Tile trim should only special Tile, since the use of artisanal methods without proper skill will damage the material. Celebrate at the corner of each tile plastic cross.
Getting to the final finishing only after drying the adhesive. Grout between ceramic tiles using a fugue. Color fugue depends on the interior or on personal preferences. It is important to not only stick the tiles, but also its right to jam. After drying grout water repellent finishing layer cover lacquer.
Step by step how to drywall glued tiles (video)
As you can see, it is very difficult to cope not with all the works. What will be the glue tiles sticker - sure, you have already decided. How is the preparation and sticky - you know, too. I wish you success!