Thermal insulation of the ceiling to make the house warm and comfortable regardless of the weather temperature usloviyKogda dwelling falls within the normal range, there is a question about the insulation. If the floor and walls at the same time in order to insulate the ceiling - is a logical solution. And it is important it is not only functional but also decorative possibilities of the material. Most often, insulation can be done by yourself, for this is to understand all the intricacies of the process and apply the necessary instructions correctly.
Do I need to insulate the ceiling: the most common cases
Conversion law explains why it is through the ceiling of the greatest heat losses occur when it is not perfect, which in the winter up to 60%.
You can pre-calculate the heat loss walls, floor and ceiling, to be sure, where there is an obvious leakage of heat in the house.
In some cases it is necessary to insulate the ceiling:
- In a private room, where there is an independent building a house or cottage, and the ceiling is represented bare-beamed ceilings. This is an excellent opportunity to prudently consider all aspects of warming.
- In a residential area, in the country, if during the cold season in the house to be cold.
- Necessary to insulate the ceiling under cold roof, in the presence of the loft, Massandry or any other second level.
- The multi-storey apartment house, in the event that it is located on the top floor.
- In multi-storey buildings, if there is a need to insulate the floor slabs (this is required in cases where the overlap with emptiness).
Mineral wool - it is environmentally friendly, non-flammable and relatively inexpensive material for thermal insulation of the ceiling in the house
Intermediate floors for greater sound insulation is important, therefore, the thickness of the insulation must protect the room from the sounds from the next room. Bottom hem ceiling lining, and top plank floor.
Depending on the cause of the ceiling insulation is chosen appropriate insulation design, the right materials and methods of installation.
Quality insulated roof: savings opportunities
Insulated roof ensures a comfortable temperature, thus saving on heating, greatly reduces the humidity of the ceiling space and, consequently, prevents mold and fungal attacks.
While insulating the ceiling should follow these principles:
- Maintain optimal parotsirkulyatsii mode;
- To prevent the possibility that condensation can get into the insulation.
- Apply nonflammable and environmentally friendly materials.
Repair ceiling should be carried out in the warm season. Because there are limitations in drying with the temperature of the materials used.
The most important choice: the warm modern ceiling
There is a wide variety of materials, which insulated the ceiling.
Expanded clay - an affordable, natural material that is easy to provide a high-quality thermal insulation of the ceiling space
Previously insulate sawdust and dry grass. Modern materials are more efficient and have considerable advantages. It is necessary to examine the features of the most popular ones and make their choice in favor of matching the individual internal and external conditions of the room.
Insulation can be made:
- Mineral wool;
- Izolona foiled;
- expanded clay;
For warming the house in the wooden house is better to use natural materials. Such as ecowool. But, for example, effectively insulated attic sawdust mixed with clay.
The use of certain materials depends on the characteristics of the space facilities, high-quality preferences and budget constraints. If it is important, for example, to perform the work as quickly as possible, it is necessary to use foam ceiling.
How to insulate radiant cooling: the core technology and the types of constructions
In addition to the huge amount of insulation options, there is a choice of installation method.
ceiling heat insulation on the inside will extend the service life of insulation services, t. To. He will not be exposed to the corrosive effects of temperature extremes
Two main ways:
- Insulate the ceiling outside;
- Insulate the inside ceiling.
Each of the methods is suitable for certain materials, has its advantages and disadvantages, is used in certain climatic and technical conditions. Insulant properties inherent water vapor permeability or vapor resistance. The former are used for thermal insulation in the room, and the second - from the outside.
The design of the internal insulation consists of an insulating layer, which is attached to the frame and facing coating which serves a decorative role.
Disadvantages ceiling insulation from the inside:
- The ceiling height in losing up to half;
- After decorating the ceiling will not have direct access to a heater;
- Certain insulation can release harmful substances;
- If the living room, you must vacate the premises of the furniture;
- Some heaters are not compatible with spotlights. (Mineral heater prevents the heat dissipation tubes, which can lead to their frequent burn);
- waterproofing can be broken for internal operations. (In the insulation may get the moisture evaporation in the room).
There is a special technology that allows a vapor barrier to prevent problems with internal insulation of the ceiling.
Proper attic insulation will not only save on heating homes, but also to gain additional space, it is suitable for housing
Advantages external warming:
- Minimal risk that moisture gets into the insulation;
- At the overlap is not affected by temperature changes;
- Preserved height of the ceiling in the room.
External insulation is possible if the house has a loft. There is no easier way to warming than to lay thermal insulation constructions of the loft surface. In multi-storey buildings the floor of the attic is often paved with wires, which eliminates this method of insulation for apartments.
How to properly insulate the ceiling under the cold roof
The Internet presents a huge amount of video on warming the surface of the ceiling with his hands. However, before you start working, it is necessary to explore this topic in more detail.
General tips and nuances on the insulation covering the ceiling:
- Between the heater and the ceiling is necessary to lay a vapor barrier film to the insulation does not get wet by evaporation;
- It is impossible to fasten insulation film on both sides of a heater not to lock the moisture therein;
- Joint vapor barrier glued to a wall of special airtight tape, for example, butyl rubber;
- If necessary to lay various heaters in multiple layers, they must be positioned on the extent of water vapor transmission from smaller to larger from the bottom up;
- In choosing the material necessary to calculate that the dew point is not beyond the ability of insulation to prevent condensation.
On the same principles carried cellar ceiling insulation and ceiling mezzanine - the second floor.
The highest quality and optimal insulation considers Basalt mineral wool. Production of mineral wool is produced in the form of rolls and slabs.
Stone wool - universal fiber material which is applied to the inner and outer insulation space
Stone wool is famous for:
- Low thermal conductivity, thus increasing the thermal insulation;
- The guaranteed service life of 50 years;
- High density (the higher the density, the more insulation);
- Temperature resistant up to 900 degrees Celsius;
- Sound insulation.
Popular manufacturer of this material is considered to be firm Rockwool.
warm "Rockwool" you can not just cover the ceiling, for example, a pent roof and even the bathroom, but the floor, bath, flooring on the porch, the walls on any extension to the house, the surface sub-floor and other non-standard surface.
The easiest ways to insulate the thin ceiling with his hands
View of the structure and stages of work depend on the selected method of warming the surface. The general scheme of insulated ceiling will eventually consist of: ceiling beams, insulation, vapor barrier films, battens, plasterboard. But the sequence of work is different.
The scheme of packing of different types of heaters
Stages of ceiling insulation from the inside:
- Install and secure a wooden, metal or plastic profiles;
- Fill the space between the heater frame. For fixing, you can use glue or anchor;
- Place the film vapor barrier layers overlap each other;
- Further sheathed gypsum board surface.
Stages of ceiling insulation from the outside:
- Prepare surface zapenit mounting slit foam;
- Laying a vapor barrier;
- Place the layers of insulation.
A layer of insulation with external thermal insulation can be left open, but in this case it is impossible to walk on the surface. If you want to leave the functional surface of the attic can mount a floor of wood.
Insulation of mineral wool ceiling (video)
Thermal insulation of the ceiling often solves the problem of cold at home. Therefore, repair and installation costs of the system should be recouped within a short period. Moreover, in addition to the insulation solve the problem of moisture and fungal coating.