Draw patterns on the ceiling with his hands: 10 Simple Ways
With the help of patterns can significantly improve the aesthetic properties of the ceiling in a modern interior ceiling has long ceased to play the role of a highly practical and functional element. The original design of the surface is able to make the interior complete, unique and unrepeatable, to emphasize style room. One simple and affordable ways to make interesting and unusual ceiling is applying to the surface a variety of patterns and designs. How to prepare your ceiling to work, and what methods of applying designs with their own hands, there are today - see below.
The patterns on the ceiling: surface preparation
The patterns on the ceiling may be quite different from the simple but showy geometric and plant, to complex volumetric drawings. Paint the ceiling can be their own hands. To obtain a qualitative illustration and attractive surface for application of pre-prepared necessary.
Process ceiling preparation includes the following stages:
- Removal of the old finish (wallpaper, whitewash, etc.).
- The primer surface and fine irregularities alignment, the elimination of defects (such as the joints between the ceiling tiles) by means of plaster.
- Floating sandpaper.
- Applying a thin layer of putty finish in order to make the ceiling smooth and sleek.
- After drying putty - paint the surface in the desired color.
Before you apply the patterns on the ceiling, it should be painted
Better for ceilings with patterns to choose neutral, pastel shades: so that the color of the ceiling will not distract from the design, and the patterns will look neater.
Geometric patterns for ceiling
The simplest type of patterns that can be made with your own hands, even without the presence of artistic skills - a geometric pattern.
To get a clear pattern and level, you can use these options for the application:
- Make a drawing on paper and transfer it to the surface with a pencil to scale.
- Paint the ceiling in the color of the future ornament (for example, white), using a thick masking tape to form across the surface of the ceiling at random shapes or lines. Paint the ceiling on top of the adhesive tape in the desired color and remove the tape after the paint has dried. As a result - the unique, smooth and clean lines and shapes.
Furthermore, for the application of simple patterns can be used stencil.
How to make a complex pattern on the ceiling under the stencil
The stencil may be both regular and reverse (only the outline contours around the element). The template can be purchased at a specialized site, order the item at his own sketch or make your own hands made of cardboard and plastic. To get a clear picture, you need to firmly secure the stencil on the ceiling. This can be done using masking tape or duct tape.
In order to qualitatively carry out a stencil pattern on the ceiling, it is recommended to watch a training video
Apply the paint through a stencil can be in several stages:
- When using a roller with paint. This option will give a quick and clear picture. Before drawing applied to the ceiling, it is recommended to test a similar technique to the surface in order to adjust the pressing force and the amount of ink.
- With the help of a brush. This method is good if the pattern contains a number of elements that need to perform in different colors.
- With the help of an aerosol can. Figures out this way very easy to have clear lines and dry quickly.
- With the use of a foam sponge. The sponge will absorb excess ink and transfer to the surface as much as you need. Moreover, in this way patterns can be performed not only in one color, but also create effective smooth color transitions within a single element.
If the pattern edge is hardly legible, you can manually adjust with the help of a thin brush to paint the desired color. By means of the stencil and the bulk pattern may be applied (not more than 3 mm). To do this, instead of paint, you should use the decorative plaster.
Prints using a projector
Prints using the projector requires the artist more time and patience than other methods, but the image resulting in a highly artistic and worth all the spent forces. Moreover, thus it is possible to perform any desired pattern. To move the picture, you need to build a projection on the ceiling, avoiding distortion, circle it on the contours and paint according to the chosen color palette. So that the image came out flat, it should be good to fix the projector.
Since you can put the projector on the ceiling figure of any complexity
Thus it is possible to transfer to the ceiling as small and simple drawings, and more complex, beautiful images. Paint job is important to do the middle of the picture brighter than the contours.
That drawing is not faded in the sun and preserved for a long time, you should secure it with a clear acrylic lacquer in several layers.
Ceiling with patterns: other methods of application drawings
In addition, there are many other methods of applying patterns on the ceiling, the implementation of which will have to be reserved by special tools or materials. But each of these methods ensures quality and easy application.
Very often, for the ceiling decoration on the surface of the coated printing, which may differ in shape and color
By the simple method of applying patterns include:
- Using a textured roller. Building and shops of arts and crafts, today, offer its clients the rollers with a variety of textures: from simple geometric to detailed images of flowers, birds, animals, etc. The technology of image is simple: roll soaked in a container with paint and rolled on the surface of the ceiling in one direction (the re-holding can block pattern, making it sloppy).
- The use of stamps. Patterns are applied in this case through rubber Mold, which can be done by hand to order at specialized sites or purchased in stores for hand-made. Transfer the pattern using the stamp is very simple, the main thing - a good cover MDL paint and firmly press it to the decorated surface.
- Using labels. Modern production of printed products allows you to choose any image and print it on adhesive paper. Thus, images can be both conventional and fluorescent (glowing in the dark). All that remains - is paint the ceiling in the desired color or decorate the surface of the wallpaper and paste patterns.
If you want to glue patterns in a certain order, it is first necessary to mark the ceiling squares, and the location of the label outline with a pencil.
The application of patterns on the ceiling (video)
Application patterns - is a simple and affordable way to make each unique ceiling. Choose any of the favorite options, and create beautiful patterns with their hands to the delight of the whole family!
Examples of the patterns on the ceiling (photo interiors)