Mirrored ceiling - it is always a very interesting solution, which gives the room a refinement and unusual krasotyZerkalnye ceilings in the hall and in the bedroom, in the hallway and in other rooms can create unusual visual effects. Typically, such a ceiling visually lifts the rough ceiling surface. He not only decorate the room, but also allows you to make it lighter.
Benefits mirror ceilings
A lot of them, though you need to start with what is the ceiling creates a truly unique design. Features mirrors are used as much as possible, and properly fitted lamps only enhance the effect.
Mirrored ceilings make the room not only beautiful, but also have the effect of increasing its visual
Advantages mirrored ceiling:
- A visual extension of the premises, which is especially important in a room with low ceilings;
- Mirror plates perfectly coexist with other elements of decoration;
- Plates may be of any size, and even different colors;
- These ceilings are quite functional - as this design hanging in the ceiling void is easy to hide the communication;
- The materials used in building ceilings are water-resistant (but this glass, plastic and metal);
- Such ceilings have excellent sound insulation;
- Mirrored ceiling is not different from other suspended structures - it also allows you to do multi-level lighting system that will delimit the space of the room;
- Installation of ceiling is quite simple, and repairing a rough ceiling is not required;
- Ceilings practical, wash them, like a mirror, it is possible by conventional means for washing of glasses.
The color scheme of ceilings - bronze, silver, graphite. Of course, such a ceiling looks more spectacular than the plastic wallpaper and pasted on the ceiling surface.
Mirrored ceiling: Materials
The entire design of the ceiling is a frame and decorative piece. The frame is usually made of wood, sometimes of metal. The design must be attached to the ceiling soffit.
Mirror plate surface itself may be glossy and matte. Also, if such a mirror tiles sold on demand, the manufacturer can decorate it with what some ornaments and other decor.
Mirrored ceiling can embellish favorite pictures or patterns on your choice
What types of mirror ceilings
Get a mirror surface can be a variety of ways. Once feared materials on a glass base, and today they are increasingly preferred.
Types mirrored ceilings:
- The classic version - ceiling glass panels. Use flat carved mirror squares and rectangles, and are all very fine cut. Such mirrors on a concrete slab, you can just stick with your own hands. Also, attachment may be effected on the metal anchor sheets only initially drilled mounting holes.
- Suspended ceilings are mirrored. This is the sort of ceiling cassette. Metal frame construction - is the basis for fixing the mirror plate. Plates may be either glass or Plexiglas (polycarbonate). Such a ceiling looks pretty solemn.
- SLR polystyrene plates. They are sold in rolls. And attached is very simple, with an adhesive layer, and attach to almost any surface. Just consider some of the nuances. For example, after you buy a roll, roll, that material could adapt to the new environment.
- PVC film with a mirror effect. This adhesive tape, which does have a mirror effect, but to realize is mirrored room can not. Because the images are quite distorted. But this simple and accessible ceilings, not worse, at least, ceilings made of plastic.
There are many variations of the original design of mirror ceilings
In short, the options are many. And there is also a film that simulates a starry sky. It is often decorated ceilings porches, attics, corridors, small rooms.
What materials are needed for ceiling mounting
There are not many, and some of you may not be useful.
However, the standard set is as follows:
- The very mirror tiles;
- Tile adhesive;
- Metal spatulas;
- Building level;
- Primer (start and finish);
- Protective gloves;
- Rubber roller.
The primer used is required quality surface treatment. The adhesive layer should be an average, not thick or thin. Glue is applied to the back of the tile trowel.
Today, for the installation of ceiling has a wide range of quality tools
Mounting mirrored panels on the ceiling
Typically, these panels are placed on the adhesive or frame. Make the most of such a framework is not so easy, because it would be better to call experts for this purpose.
If you have decided to mount the ceiling, use adhesive method. ceiling surface have to be level, that's just not necessary to plaster the ceiling. It's simple, the weight of the plaster tiles can fall off.
Usually for this purpose on the base ceiling laid moisture-resistant drywall. And then on the surface of the ceiling panels are stacked using a special adhesive solution. For greater reliability, you can drill holes at the edges, and attach them with dowels.
For mounting mirror panels will take some time and special skills
Disadvantages mirror panels
The merits of a mirrored ceiling a lot, but not without its drawbacks.
For example, the following disadvantages are:
- In the kitchen or bathroom, the ceiling may require more care;
- Mirrored panels are usually bolshevesnye, because they must be very securely fastened;
- Blows heavy objects will be disastrous for such a ceiling, because they are afraid of even the tempered glass.
But these disadvantages will agree, not so great. Design is worth it, and the extra care would not be very complex.
mirrored ceilings Design Ideas (video)
Mirrored ceiling - it is beautiful and comfortable, but also it is practical in low and not very spacious rooms. Use only high-quality panel, be interested in the presence of the certificate.
Mirrored ceilings (photo in the interior)