Design of stretch ceilings in the room: 9 great ideas
Stretch ceilings thanks to the choice of a wide range of colors and textures allow original way arrange any room apartments Most people choose to ceilings. They are durable and reliable. In addition, with the help of stretch fabrics can be visually enlarge even a small room. Stretch ceiling can be installed even in a small studio apartment. If you want to divide the room into functional areas, you can use a special partition.
Stretch beautiful ceiling in the room: the pros and cons
Prior to installation of suspended ceilings need to weigh the "pros" and "cons." The design has a number of advantages and disadvantages. Tensioning the web it can be made from polyvinyl chloride, gypsum board and tissue. Each material also has a number of features.
If you want to install the suspended ceiling in a long, narrow room, then use only the tissue web. This material looks great and does not require special crates.
Glossy ceilings give the room a special effect of luxury, making it more memorable for the guests
Suspended ceilings Pros:
- Stretch fabrics can be installed in a rectangular room, and the rooms unusual shape.
- Suspension structure helps to hide cosmetic defects in the base surface.
- Stretch fabrics made of PVC or moisture-resistant gypsum board, suitable for finishing the bathroom ceiling.
- Ceilings are made of environmentally friendly materials that do not emit toxins. Exceptions are films of PVC, since they may produce toxins when exposed to high temperature.
- The relatively low price.
- Stretch fabric soundproof room.
- Suspended ceilings do not require special care.
- With a wide range of color palettes and textures, you can choose the model that will go perfectly with furniture or other interior details.
Disadvantages stretch fabrics:
- When installing the tensioning webs reduced height of the room.
- The materials used for hanging paintings, easily deformed under the influence of mechanical damage.
- Stretch ceilings made of PVC foil, are deformed under the influence of low temperatures.
- Before installing the ceiling need to build a special frame.
- When installing PVC panels need to use a heat gun.
How do modern stretch ceilings in the room: a step by step guide
Installing a suspended cloth in the living room - a simple, but important process. Mounting starts from the alignment base surface and walls. This is done using a primer and putty. Cracks are sealed with sealant.
With the help of a stretch ceiling is possible to carry out zoning of the room, highlighting the specific area luminaires
It plays an important role pre-marking base surface. It will help you to choose the required number of materials and fasteners. To apply layout exactly, it is necessary to use a laser level.
How to install the stretch ceiling:
- Install hangers. Do not forget to attach them to the web.
- Attach the molding to the walls. For fixing using dowels.
- Perform the wiring. Do not forget to do in the web holes spotlights or chandelier.
- If you use PVC fabric, warm room with a heat gun. If the fabric is used or drywall, do not have to.
- Secure the corners. For fixing using clips.
- Fix the stretched canvas with screws. If you use cloth made of PVC, it is not necessary to use self-tapping screws, as PVC sheets have special slots.
- Install lights and decorative moldings.
Can I install suspended ceilings in a small room
Many people believe that to install suspended ceilings can only be in a large room. However, this opinion is erroneous. With proper selection of materials and fixtures, ceilings look great in a room with an area of 12-18 square meters.
Suspended ceiling backlit with limited space would visually enlarge the room
The interior of the small room fit perfectly ceilings with a glossy texture. They allow you to get a visual extension of the space. In addition, the glossy ceiling in harmony with any style.
If you decide to install suspended ceilings in a small room, consider a number of nuances:
- Help visually enlarge the room ceilings made of PVC with 3D printing. For example, the canvas can be applied to the starry sky image.
- As a lighting device using an LED strip. It does not require installation of special inserts, and is attached directly to the surface tension of the web.
- Choose cloth cold tones. It is desirable that they were in tune with the walls and other interior parts. Prefer canvases blue or light green.
We select the design for the room with a stretch ceiling
Select Design of stretch ceilings is simple. You need to take into account the color scheme and the style in which the room is sustained. In addition, it is recommended to take into account the functional purpose of the room.
An excellent option for large room will be a combination of yellow glossy ceiling with beige wallpaper
Stretch ceilings can be:
- Layered. This design is used when the room height exceeds 2.7 meters. Multilevel ceilings easiest to make plasterboard. To install this design to do a special crate.
- Glass. This design is used for finishing the ceiling in the bathroom or the living room. In addition, the glass stretched canvas are used if necessary to achieve the visual expansion space.
- Voluminous. Imitation of volume is achieved through the use of 3D graphics. Voluminous ceilings - a great idea for the design of children's room or the living room.
- Painted. In such ceilings applied ornament made in Greek or African style. The painting can be applied independently using a latex or oil paint.
If you do not want to put a ceiling on 3D drawing of volume can be achieved by using fluorescent dyes. It is worth noting that the paint light up only at night, so the day the ceiling will look like a normal monochrome surface.
Mirrored ceilings in the room 18 m²
For registration of a room of 18 sq.m. recommended mirror ceilings made of thin polyvinylchloride film. For mounting such a structure need to use the mounting profiles. The film will transform the interior beyond recognition.
Experts recommend using fabric with a glossy texture, as they have high light reflectance, so that can achieve the visual expansion space. It is best to use white or black mirrored ceilings in combination with spotlights.
For lovers of reflecting elements in the interior is an excellent option would be the use of mirror tension ceilings
Advantages of SLR film:
- A wide selection of colors.
- The film does not deform under the influence of moisture, so the mirrored ceiling can be installed even in the bathroom.
- Easy installation.
- Ceilings do not require careful maintenance.
- Low cost. The average cost of the glossy film is only 120-150 rubles per square meter.
- The film does not sag, and by flooding the neighbors from above will help to avoid damage to furniture.
Options Design of stretch ceilings in the room (video)
Stretch ceilings - unique design, because they can be installed even in small rooms. With a wide range of paintings, you can choose the most suitable material the desired color and texture without difficulty. To carry out the installation of a stretch ceiling is possible independently. To do this, pick up screws or anchors, and to build a solid crate.
Design of stretch ceilings in the interior (photo)