Design and decoration of the ceiling with exposed beams
Ceiling with exposed beams organically fit into the interior as a modern city apartment and a country domaChasto for finishing the ceiling in the country with their own hands are beamed. They are installed along the perimeter of the base surface and fixed by means of special fasteners. Hem ceiling beams of the best OSB-plates or plasterboard. Ceiling beams themselves can be made of wood, drywall or polyurethane. Wooden buildings are suitable for the finishing of a private house, and polyurethane sheets are best installed in a garage or apartment.
Wooden beams on the ceiling: the advantages and disadvantages
Beams made of wood, were originally used as a load-bearing structures. However, today they are mostly used as a decorative element. Often wooden beams set in the living room or in the hall, as they harmoniously fit into any interior.
Advantages of wooden beams:
- Using beams in a wooden house allows for visual expansion space.
- Wooden beams can be installed in the wooden house. However, in this case, they are not only decorative element.
- Beams is a wide range, so you can find a suitable option easily.
- The relatively low price.
Finishing the ceiling with decorative beams allows you to visually expand the space of the room
A significant drawback of wooden beams is their tendency to rot. Furthermore, they can deform under the influence of low temperature or humidity. If the beam is used as a load-bearing structure, you will need to compulsorily treat them with an antiseptic solution.
We set the beams of the plasterboard ceiling
Finishing falshbalkami ceiling plasterboard - fairly simple process. To establish such a structure is very simple. In addition, the arched beams of the plasterboard is easy to replace if they are deformed.
Installing the beams of the plasterboard in the following order:
- Apply to the ceiling layout.
- Attach to the ceiling hangers. In order to firmly fix them, use dowels.
- Place the crate. It is best to use the metal profile, as it is more durable and strong.
- Then you need to cut gypsum beams required size.
- Screw plasterboard beam to the metal sheathing. To fix the structure using self-tapping screws for metal.
Before attempting to install the beams, it is necessary to put marks on the surface of the ceiling
After installation is complete, it is recommended to align the ceiling with the help of a primer. On top of the primer layer is recommended to apply the putty. Remember that for finishing the ceiling is best to use a water-resistant gypsum board, as it is more durable and practical.
What is best to decorate the ceilings with beams in the country
Make a beautiful ceiling of beams in an old house - it is only half the battle. After mounting structure desirably sheathe structure using any material. It is best to use the OSB-boards. This material is sufficiently water-resistant and durable.
Before you do the repair, it is necessary to cover the ceiling with an antiseptic. In addition, the need to ensure the strength of the beams. If they bend, they should be replaced immediately. Also on the base surface is recommended to apply markings.
OSB - a reliable and accessible material for the cladding frame structures
Quilting is performed as follows:
- Cut in slabs hole lamps.
- Fix the first sheet on the slabs. For fixing the material using a jumper.
- After you attach all the sheets, to deepen the hat of the screw and a few millimeters, and hide it with a solution of glue and fine wood shavings.
- Install decorative moldings and fixtures.
- If you want to make a ceiling "antique", smooth out the surface with a wire brush and apply paint.
Bright ceiling beams in the interior
If you like the unusual design, it is possible to install a ceiling light. Such a finish would be a great solution, if the room is sustained in the Mediterranean, classic or rustic style. Also, white light is combined with the style of a loft and high-tech.
Ceilings with exposed beams decorate the interior of the room, made in rustic style
If you decide to use the white beams, then remember that the furniture and walls must be of a similar color. Otherwise, such a finish would look tacky and tasteless.
Advantages of finishing the ceiling white beams:
- Versatility. The ceilings are finished with white beams, look great in both low and high rooms.
- Practicality. The beams can be installed spotlights or hide communication.
- With the help of the white beams can be divided the room into several functional areas.
Imitation beams on the ceiling with his hands
Many people prefer to use artificial beams, as they are more durable than wood. In addition, to strengthen such materials is much easier, because they do not require a massive metal crates. Imitation wooden ceiling is carried out by means of the foam. This material is durable and has a small specific gravity.
Before you decorate the ceiling of exposed beams from foam, you should put on a base surface primer. In addition, it is necessary to eliminate the cracks in the ceiling. To do this, use an acrylic sealant.
Polystyrene beams are attached to the ceiling by liquid nails
Installation Technology of foam beams:
- Cut and carefully sand the material.
- Secure beam on the base surface. Mounting structure at the expense of liquid nails.
- Give the little beams dry.
- Adhere to the beams film that mimics the tree.
Set Polyurethane beams on the ceiling
Polyurethane beams are a good alternative to the wooden beams. They have a small specific gravity and high strength. Attach polyurethane beams on the ceiling is much easier than wood.
If you stretch the wiring in the polyurethane beams, use only metal bellows, as the plastic products in the event of a short circuit inside the beam melt.
ceiling unit from polyurethane beams:
- Apply to the ceiling layout.
- Attach to the surface of wedge-bars by means of dowels or screws.
- Apply adhesive mortar into wedges and attach the product to the bottom of the beam.
- Secure the beams on the ceiling with the help of sticks, wedges.
- Set the console under the beams.
- Dilute the wiring and install lights.
Mounting polyurethane beams on the ceiling (video)
Build ceiling beams independently at all easy. To carry out the installation, you will need to build a frame and align the ceiling. If you are installing the wooden beams, treat their antifungal solution. Otherwise, the beams can rot under the influence of mold or mildew. If you want to install ceiling beams in the apartment, it is better to use a polyurethane or foam products.
Design ceiling with exposed beams (photo)