Decorative finishing concrete staircase tree: 3 stages
Make concrete stairs can be attractive with the help of her finishing derevomSery, rough concrete not overcame in a private home, if it is certainly not a design idea. In order that such a ladder into the interior, its sheathe wooden decorations to give an elegant and finished look.
Finishing concrete staircase different materials
Concrete structures are the most reliable and durable, these ladders are widely used not only outside the house, but inside it. And if such a staircase installed inside the house, give it a finished look by lining materials such as wood or artificial: tile, laminate, granite, etc.
tree decoration is the most popular because it is easy to handle, and also it is able to optimally improve the decor of the concrete structure.
Many people prefer to choose the wood for decoration, because this material makes the ladder refined and beautiful
But, before sheathing ladder above materials, you should do the following:
- Measure the height all the stairs, and to find among them the highest, after all should step stairs lead to this indicator, with a concrete mixture or cement mortar.
- Prepare the surface of the concrete stairs, especially stages. The best option - it's pouring concrete screeds, for this is the frame with beacons, exposed on the level of each step. After all filled with a thin layer of concrete mix. When the concrete hardens, it is necessary to check the fill level using the building.
- It is possible to prepare the surface with a cement slurry, its principle is the same objection to using beacons. Slurry is less resistant to stress, as compared with concrete.
After complete solidification, concrete top cover special primer, after drying, the adhesive composition is applied, which is mounted on the substrate, which is made of plywood and it is best to do it from the plug. But after that, the staircase fit any decorative material.
Instructions on facing concrete stairs tree
Before making wood veneer, each rung of the ladder should be measured to find the highest, and align all the others to it. This is done by applying a thin layer of concrete steps.
On top of the concrete, after solidification, a special primer is applied, which prevents the absorption of the adhesive compositions.
Before proceeding with the finishing stages tree, it is necessary beforehand to clean the surface dirt and dust
You can then proceed directly to the wall wood stairs:
- The smoother surface is cleaned from dust and dirt, glue is applied (if the ladder is installed outside the house, it is necessary to apply water resistant compositions) fits opilennaya steps plywood size 8-10 mm (if a ladder is installed outside the house, use waterproof plywood) or corkboard flooring. After already glued directly stage.
- For greater strength, the substrate is recommended to fix anchor nails themselves to fasten the ladder to the support with screws. All anchor heads of nails and screws should utaplivat tree. Laying wooden steps should start from the bottom, constantly controlling the plane with the help of a spirit level.
- Stair risers are inserted into the slots stages, pre-made grooves and are coated with adhesive.
Once everything ready, stair steps and risers can be colored stain, lacquer and other surfacing materials. This is quite complicated at first sight, lining the stairs tree needed to ladder during operation will not become loose and squeak.
Preparation and laying wooden steps on concrete stairs
Wood is the most popular material, since it is easy to handle, and it can also optimally enhance the decor of the concrete structure. In addition, lining the stairs with his hands is quite possible for someone with minimal experience in construction. If not, then professional help does not hurt.
For manufacturing steps for stairs should preselect tree, the best option is oak, but the price of the preform from it are rather high, for less cost stage of larch, and can also use other workpieces of birch (should only be used indoors) or beech.
Mandatory step is to carry out the correct calculations for steps
Before you start making billet, proceed as follows:
- Run miscalculation required volume of material based on the area and staircase steps thickness. The minimum thickness of stages stacked on the concrete base - 30 mm.
- It is necessary to align the concrete stairs, put them on the substrate, and then proceed directly to the laying wooden steps. They are attached by glue and screws onto the substrate which, in turn, is also fixed.
- If the ladder is too rough, you can pre-make a wooden frame made of durable thin beams in the form of stringers, they should be fixed steps.
Work on laying of steps requires care and accuracy, but in this case it is possible to obtain high-quality ladder. To speed up the process a little bit, you can order a cut and milling blanks anywhere, according to the desired dimensions.
How is the finishing steps concrete staircase tiles
Decoration of the stairs of concrete tiles will make the interior a certain charm and an interesting design decision. To decorate the staircase tiles need tools: level, tile cutter, a staple, a solution or a special glue, etc. Before laid, the tiles need to prepare the surface to remove debris, to check using the level and the corner surface in detecting irregularities expose beacons, if the concrete is smooth, it is necessary to put a notch well after training can proceed directly to the laying of tiles.
Finished surface of the concrete stairs can be modern and fashionable tiles
- Coat the primed concrete surface, deep penetration, it is necessary that the concrete is not pulled out of the water or cement glue. After its drying, in concrete, with a toothed staples, adhesive or cement is applied, and it is laid tiles. Conduct laying should be from the edge to the center, following the pattern.
- Tile lightly pressed into the solution by turning it slightly to the left and to the right to shrinkage occurred, the label adhesive or mortar between the joints clean after completely finished a series of tiles. Horizontality tiled constantly checked with a spirit level.
- When the solution or glue dries, grouting is performed using staples rubber for filling the seam completely. After it dries, the surface is wiped with a damp cloth.
After drying mortar or adhesive, according to Kant stages and platforms are fixed piping - durable decorative corners. This technology laying tiles on the staircase is considered the most optimal and quality.
concrete staircase tree plating technology
Decoration of the stairs of concrete can be made of different materials, but many people prefer the wooden structures. Linings made of wood, gives beauty, comfort, and is even an ornament not only the ladder, but also the entire interior. Only preliminary, choose trees that will be trimmed staircase.
Options may include the following: oak, beech, ash, larch, is not recommended paneling pine stairs, especially stages.
The most popular material for finishing stages is oak
- Surface preparation should begin by cleaning dust and debris, leveling steps with a thin layer of concrete, and after drying, should the application of the primer. After the mounting is performed at the substrate to obtain stage with glue and dowels nails, and the top has installing steps and stages podstupney thickness should be at least 30 mm.
- After plating the side surfaces is made staircase in the same tree, but, in this case, its thickness may be less than the steps. The wooden parts are cut overhead in the form of lateral forms of stairs, and then made their installation. The process must be monitored via levels.
They are best fastened to the anchor nails to the sides of the ladder. All slots are coated in the color of wood putty.
Casing of concrete staircase tree (video)
After the skin is made ladder can begin to install the balusters and protections for the stairs of a drilled hole the anchor bolt is screwed into it and attached to it baluster. When they are in place, put in place the railing and stairs are completely ready for operation.
Successful installation and easy upgrade!
Examples of finishing concrete stairs (interior photos)