Cross-stitch is a favorite pastime among both experienced handy and novichkovVyshitye cross sets at all times relevant. With their help, you can create a special comfort in the house, to complement the interior of beautiful handmade products to emphasize the exquisite taste of the owners. If you are just starting to embroider a cross, it is useful to familiarize themselves with the necessary materials and tools, as well as ask technology and the secrets of embroidery.
Basics for beginners cross stitch: stitch species
The success of the work depends on the circuit. They come in color or black and white. Each character is caused to a certain color of thread. Each square on the chart - one stitch.
Schemes may be black and white or color, which are more convenient for beginners
The main types of stitches:
- Fractional cross;
- Full cross;
- Complex cross;
- French knot;
- Stalked stitch;
- Stitch "forward needle" and "back needle".
The diagrams of any kind of stitches are indicated by clear and simple.
Stick to clear rules for the implementation of stitches, so that they all lie in the same direction - is a basis to work properly.
Cross Stitch for Beginners: Secrets
Skilled embroiderers recommend starting training with simple circuits. They use a minimal number of parts and not more than 5 colors of thread.
If you decide to do embroidery for the first time, then it is better choose a simple circuit with a simple pattern
Secrets of a beautiful embroidery:
- The embroidery nodules are not done, the thread is fixed in a special way;
- Border transfer of thread color directly affects the quality of work;
- The materials must be of high quality and durable.
These nuances can be corrected stitch "back needle", as well as the same way to fix the thread at the end of work.
Ideally beautiful embroidery should be neat both the front side and the reverse side.
Standard set for embroidery cross for beginners
If you are a beginner, you can buy ready-made set, which is all you need for work. Such kits are easy to buy in the departments for needlework or ordered online store.
Finished embroidery kits, which are sold in the shop, already include everything you need for work
The kit is for embroidery:
- Canvas. Canvas for embroidery, which has a different density and color. Due to the special weave distinct cell formed with the free openings for the needle. The most demanded - Aida.
- Needles. Special needle for embroidery with a wide eye and unsharp rounded tip. Each has its size depending on the fabric, which will embroider.
- Thread. More often found floss - 100% cotton of different lengths. Skein consists of 6 individual strands. The diagrams each color or hue is designated a special number.
- Scheme. Said cell in the diagram corresponds to the cross embroidered on the canvas.
- Thimble. He needs to work on thick canvas.
- Hoop. With them, the canvas is stretched and does not allow it to deform.
Some sets include a marker for tissue, scissors and measuring tape. If these tools are not, they can be purchased separately.
Before you get started make sure to check the thread shed or not.
Instructions and rules for cross stitching beginners
To get on the wrong side of the vertical straight line, and on the face - a classic cross, it is necessary to adhere to the established rules. Instruction for beginners is a good helper in this matter. Just observing them, you can get a nice and neat embroidery.
Be sure to use the instruction for beginners with embroidery of the first products
The basic rules of counted cross for beginners:
- In nature, there are only three directions stitches;
- Sewing work only need a needle in an upright position relative to the canvas;
- Upper stitches to be performed in one direction;
- Stitches sewn in two stages: from the lower stitch embroider line, and then finish the top stitches crosses;
- Embroidering a separate series, each cross must be fully implemented immediately.
Try to fix the thread and quietly leave nodes on embroidery
If you want to skip a few cells, the thread must be pulled from the inside of the cell to the right and continue embroidering.
Never make knots in the embroidery, there are many ways to fix the thread quickly.
Master class: cross-stitch for beginners needlewomen
Step by step to learn to cross stitch, you can use the master class.
Master class for beginners:
- Perform the first stitch. Stretch the needle with the wrong side on the front side and introduce it into the bottom right hole location. Output the needle from the top right of the square and introduce it into the bottom left corner on the diagonal. Our stitch ready.
- To save time, you can use another method of performing a cross. Embroidery should start at the left margin. We perform a number of stitches inclined from top left to bottom right, and after moving back.
- Before securing the 1st stitch is necessary to fix the thread on the wrong side of the canvas. To do this, put the tail in the buttonhole thread and tighten it.
Master class on embroidery - is a great way to learn how to embroider beautiful and original products
In carrying out the stitches, do not pull the thread too tight.
For beginners it is recommended to embroider 2 or 3 threads. Thus filaments will go tightly to each other, and visual pattern will be more voluminous.
Simple embroidery technology cross for beginners
Having started to cross stitch, do not be afraid of difficulties. to study embroidery technology is not overly complex and lends itself even to the beginner. To begin learning how to carry out the stitches, without it ever get to do embroidery nice and tidy.
Cross stitch as follows:
- Top down;
- Down up;
- Rows performed vertically, horizontally and diagonally.
Embroider a cross and create a beautiful picture may even a beginner, the main thing to be patient and learn simple sewing technology
Cross stitch two stitches - upper and lower. First, all the lower stitches are sewn in the desired colors. This can be done from the bottom up or top down. Sometimes you need to perform one or a few rows of individual crosses, in this case, just embroider them entirely.
When several cells need to skip the thread should be carried out on the wrong side.
How to start cross stitch: incremental steps
There was a desire to embroider something, but do not know where to start it?
Start embroidery should be step by step:
- To find a suitable for beginners with a simple circuit. This set is all you need.
- Prepare a place to work. It is advisable to stay in a well lit area.
- Prepare the fabric for embroidery. It should be a pre-wash and iron the iron through a cheesecloth.
- Process the edge of the canvas with glue and wait until it dries.
- Select a point on the canvas for the first cross. And, accordingly, it should be done in the diagram. In this process, the main thing is not to make mistakes and precisely define them in the same place. This point will be the start for your embroidery.
In order to proceed with the embroidery, choose a simple circuit and be sure to prepare the workplace
Save time and floss can turn embroidering crosses one shade, located close to each other without cutting the thread.
To avoid confusion in the scheme already made crosses crossed out in pencil.
Cross stitch for beginners children: tips for parents
At first, no one thinks that the cross-stitch can grow into a hobby now, can unite the whole family. Such passion is equally well suited for both adults and children.
Tips for parents of children embroidery beginners:
- For a start with your child go and buy everything you need for embroidery;
- Allow fumes to choose a favorite image;
- Prior to joining prepare a place, material and tools;
- Embroider work together, the child will be fascinated by the process and embroidery he does not get bored quickly.
Choose tools and charts for embroidery, given the age and preferences of the child
By purchasing a set of ready-made embroidery individually or materials, please consult with the seller, that you have proposed scheme in accordance with the age of the child.
It is necessary to closely monitor and see to it that the child in the process does not hurt, and did not lose a needle.
Children's embroidery is a beautiful decoration for any room in the house.
Cross Stitch for Beginners: the correction of errors in the work
Correctly embroidered means avoiding mistakes. If mistakes are made, they should be sure to fix it. Otherwise visually common type of embroidery will be spoiled and the correction is necessary.
Errors can be divided into two categories:
- Nonessential. This subtle flaws that are not directly spoil the embroidery look. Often in the process of moving yarns of different shades of confused a crosshair. In this case, it is unnecessary to correct anything.
- Essential. These are the errors that are visually noticeable. In this case, one way out - to dissolve and start to work embroidery again. In some cases, this happens: a) location in different directions of the upper cross stitch; b) unsuccessful selection of thread colors that need to be flashy to embroider items such as people's faces.
Beautiful embroidered cross-stitch and error-free picture is a sign of excellence needlewoman
Sometimes it happens when in completing the work over the canvas. In this case it is necessary to cut off an additional section of tissue and apply it to the basic 5 crosses. Then baste her joint "back needle" using a sharp needle.
Joining pieces of canvas, it is important to follow the coincidence squares. Superimposed on top of the embroidery hide the seam place.
Cross Stitch Tips novice needle women
The initial set of embroidery should be like and certainly like it, then the work will move faster and more fun.
Tips for beginners embroiderers:
- Do not buy a large complex embroidery, for a start will be enough simple design with a minimum number of colors.
- If you liked some circuits difficult to make a choice, compare the composition of the material and the color of thread.
- Prefer simple and straightforward schemes, they are easier to read and easier to work.
- Pay attention to the color and density of the canvas. The best option for beginners will outline №14.
- For ease of use, use the hoop, they come in different sizes and shapes. Pick the ones that will be more comfortable.
Embroidery process to bring you only pleasure, choose a simple scheme with a beautiful pattern
Also excellent assistants will be sharp scissors nitkovdevatel and needles. Use a few needles at the same time, t. To. You can not change the thread each time.
The best option for the first embroidery work is not a size 25x25 cm.
Cross Stitch for Beginners step by step (video)
If you are just learning to embroider a cross, it is very important to master the process gradually. Friendly master-class is a kind of guide for beginners. Instruction for beginners can serve as a magazine or book on cross stitching in Russian.