Corridor Design: Form is everything
Often, the design of the hall is not paid enough attention to, as a result of this part of the apartment looks pretty nevzrachnoyChasche just discussing the prospect of repairing the apartment, we pay attention to the design of kitchens, bedrooms, living room, bathroom, but not thinking about options for the interior hallway. And it is a big mistake! After all, the corridor - the place where the guest for the first time begins to get acquainted with your apartment and mentally prepared for a meeting with people sitting in the back of the apartment. Therefore, this passage in the heart of your home deserves no less sophisticated design than other rooms. How to pick a corridor situation, depending on its shape - read on.
Projects hallways in apartment: types of rooms according to their form
To your vestibule after you will make alterations, do not become too tight and uncomfortable, thinking through the project, consider the size and shape of the corridor. After all of your hallway model depends on the type of issuance.
The main types of corridors in the form:
- Long, narrow corridor. This corridor runs around the house, and often leads to the kitchen, on its sides are usually located in the door of the room. Narrow passageway entrance hall of this type are usually dark and requires additional lighting.
- An open hallway proceeds directly to the main room and has a visual distinction with it. This form of hallways typical for private houses or new apartments.
- small vestibule It is the most common type of hall in private homes. They are not very comfortable and close enough, but if the plan you choose, the right, the free space will be more.
- Corridor irregular shape It may be L-shaped, T-shaped or other non-standard form. Typically, these halls are large enough and that their design can really give free rein to their imagination.
Thinking through the details of the repair, should start from the size and shape of the corridor
If you are not happy with the size of the room adjacent to the hall of irregular shape, you can tear down the wall of the room and build a new one, taking part of the corridor.
There are different kinds of hallways, we describe the main ones. Today we will discuss design, we have described, species corridors.
An open hallway
The open entrance hall is often quite large. It can initially be conceived by architects, develops layout of the house, or made by tenants on their own through the demolition of the walls apportion it from any room.
Before making an open hallway in your home, make sure that the wall on which you're going to get rid of, is not a carrier.
This hall have to be framed in the same power to the room in which it goes smoothly.
The open entrance hall is characterized, as a rule, private homes, and is made in the same style with the rest of the room
Here are a few tips to design a corridor like this:
- As open hallways are usually quite large, the proportion of their registration you do not have to choose the color of the wallpaper, which will expand the space. On the contrary, you can highlight the area a bright juicy shade of the walls.
- If your home is decorated in a classical and English style, turn your hallway into the living room, having issued its walls delicate linen tones and ceiling balusters, moldings and mounted chandelier.
- Suspended ceilings - is the best way to zone the space. This technique separates the great vestibule area from the rest of the house.
- In this hall, ideal for a large mirror in the wall or the wardrobe with mirrored doors.
- If you're a fan of space you do not clutter this area, will be enough to put a couple of ottomans and a narrow cupboard by the door.
- For such a large space suitable massive round fixture with multiple bulbs.
- If you do open the hall to increase the size of the room, try to do a minimal set of furniture, for example, put a low stool for shoes and attach a few coat hooks near the front door, or put a narrow cabinet with full-length mirror.
The interior design hallways open all restrictions depend on the function that, in your opinion, it should perform.
Corridor-vestibule or a narrow hallway
Long, narrow corridors often quite dark and gloomy room. From the rooms, bred along the narrow passage rooms, separated by a corridor door. This type of hall area is typical for the majority of Khrushchev.
It is important to know that the selection of options for the flooring in the hallway, it is necessary to take into account the fact that this space requires constant wet cleaning, so give preference to water-proof materials, such as tile.
With the right approach to the design of the interior, narrow and long hallway fairly easy to do visually more spacious
Here are a few tips to design a narrow corridor of space:
- For the walls, such a corridor, it is best to use wallpaper or paint bright colors. The surface of your chosen material must be absolutely smooth.
- The floor should be made in a darker color than the walls, but it is better to choose bright or light colors.
- Stretch glossy ceilings are best fit into the interior of the narrow corridor as reflecting light bulbs, they will add light and space will increase.
- If you want to make your hallway lighter, set the spotlights.
- To visually expand the space, choose furniture with glass or mirrored doors.
- Floor, carpeted, also perfect for such an option, but in this case, leave the area for pereobuvaniya open.
- Of course, the standard cabinets may not fit into a narrow space, but at the moment manufacturers offer directories, which presents wardrobes in all shapes and sizes and built-in furniture.
- Excellent progress for the expansion of the corridor space, will be a large glass window in the living room.
As you can see, the main principle of registration of a narrow corridor, it is a visual extension of the space, so turn on your imagination, given this condition.
Options for small-sized hall
A small entrance hall - it is probably the most popular option for standard apartments. Most often, it has a square shape so in spite of its small size, you can fit into it all you need with the right design.
To give comfort corridor, hang on his wall a few pictures that are suitable for the style of your interior.
Small hall characteristic of the absolute majority of the apartments a standard layout
Tips for finishing small hallways:
- As the main problem is the lack of such lobbies space should not be used for its design large amounts of furniture. If you are not confident in their abilities, try to trim a headset specifically designed for vestibules.
- It fits perfectly into a small sliding wardrobe with mirrored doors, or ghostly or Radius corner unit with closed lower shelves, drawers and hooks for coats.
- To increase functional space on the wall, attach several shelves for keys, phone, wallet and other small things.
- To make your little hallway more comfortable place a bench or ottoman for pereobuvaniya.
- Make the walls and floor of warm colors and light materials.
When choosing furniture and design for the decoration of a small space, you need to understand that you can not specifically to increase it, so it is important to make it as functional and comfortable, at the same time leaving room for movement.
Modern forms of corridors (video)
There are many ways to design different types of hallways, we describe the basic principles for the most common options. For corridors of irregular shape, choose the type of design, depending on its size, based on the above advice.
Trust your taste and imagination and you will succeed!
Examples of bimini anteroom (photo)