Choosing a profile for suspended ceilings
The ceiling in the interior of any room plays a big role. Smooth and attractive surface tension ceiling will give a chic and emphasize the beauty of an apartment these days stretch cloth are very popular. Stretch ceilings are very practical and durable. When installing suspended ceilings should pay attention to the choice of the profile, because it will depend on the stability of the entire structure. The profiles for suspended ceilings made from PVC and aluminum. All moldings are conventionally divided into universal, wall and ceiling. Each type has its own characteristics.
What is a mortgage for the stretch ceiling
BS (tab) for the stretch ceiling - a special ring, which is made of plastic with high temperature resistance. In this design, there are holes where the light source is inserted. In addition, special mortgages under the eaves are made when installing suspended ceilings.
If you install the ceilings, the downlights are suitable as a light source is best. Under them, you can easily make mortgages with metal hangers. Installation of mortgages should be performed only after you commit a profile for stretch ceiling.
The first phase of the installation of a stretch ceiling is to install the mortgage. Filling made of plastic and they have holes for mounting fixtures
Process for embedded mounting fixtures:
- First you need to mark the place where will be placed lighting.
- For places to position the lamp base you want to attach hangers. To do this, you need to use screws and dowels.
- Then to the fixed suspensions need to attach the mortgage. Do not forget to cut the protruding edges of the suspensions.
In order to install a cornice on the stretch ceiling is necessary to compulsorily attached to a rigid support structure. Experts recommend as a mortgage use a stretch of thick plywood.
Aluminum profile for suspended ceilings: advantages and features
Aluminum profile during the installation of the tension cloth is used much more often than plastic. The thing is that design to make installation with baguette in aluminum is much easier.
The most significant advantage of ceiling aluminum profile is its stiffness and durability. This type of baguette can be used for fixing stretched canvas to the ceiling or other horizontal surface.
Aluminum profiles for suspended ceilings are well bent and hold the shape of the waves, spirals and ovals
Due to the strength of the material, allowed to fix it to the walls at an interval of more than 50 centimeters. The minimum distance of the angle should be at least 5-6 centimeters. Aluminum profile allows you to establish a special decorative strip. This ingenious solution like anyone.
What are the different types of technology and fixing profiles for suspended ceilings
There are 3 main types of baguettes: versatile wall, separation and angular. Universal is useful if you are working with curvilinear designs. Wall profile efficiently apply if the web tension attached to any wall construction.
Separating profiles take only be used for the finishing of large areas. With these baguettes can make installation of stretch fabrics with a few sections. There is also a flexible spacer profile. They are used to bypass columns.
Corner profiles are used for:
- Installation of multi-level ceiling structures.
- Need to bypass any construction elements.
- Installation of curved ceilings.
There are several ways of mounting tension ceiling: shpatikovy, harpoon or wedge
There are 3 types of fastening technology outboard blade:
- Shpatikovaya. This technology provides for the installation of PVC fabric at a short distance from the base surface. When shpatikovoy technology distance between the suspended ceiling and the web is only 1.5 centimeters. Shpatikovy mounting method is the most inexpensive, but less reliable.
- Wedge. This technology provides for the installation of the fastening metal profile at a distance of about 2-3 centimeters from the main surface. After this the web tension is heated and is clamped in the profile by means of specialized wedges. Next, pull the fabric and cut PVC surplus. Wedge method is more reliable than shpatikovy.
- Harpoon. This technology is the most reliable. It provides for the creation of a film of PVC edging perimeter. With such a construction, assembly is carried out in the web profile.
Establish a framework for the stretch ceiling with his hands
Install ceiling frame for tension fabric with your hands easily. First you need to calculate the necessary kit. To carry out the installation, you will need suspension, a set of cross-sections, the carrier profile, angle trim and decorative plates.
Before you begin, you need to partition. You can use water or laser level. During the markup remember that bearing profiles should stir so that they are symmetrical with respect to the longitudinal axis of the room.
After selecting a profile, you need to establish a framework for the stretch ceiling
Installation of the frame is carried out in the following algorithm:
- First you need to prepare a line trim.
- Then you need to attach to the wall and corner with a pencil mark places for holes.
- Drill holes in the wall and attach the corner to the wall with screws.
- Attach the hangers. Do not forget to put in the dowels holes.
- Fix the profile to the suspension.
- Fasten hangers spokes.
After completion of the work set the lamp. In a place where you will install it, cut the pipe and bring the wire. Next you need to put the panel.
What is the guide for the stretch ceiling is the most reliable
The guide is a common rail. Baguette made frame for mounting the tension polotka. Typically, the guide is made of aluminum. This material has a high strength, but at the same time very easy and inexpensive.
Also, the guide is made of steel. Such prints are typically coated with zinc. Guides made of steel are more expensive. The advantages of such baguettes include high strength and corrosion resistance.
The most reliable guide for suspended ceilings considered guide, made of aluminum
Prices for guiding profile will depend on the manufacturer. For example, the profiles of the firm "Prozet" cost about 220-360 rubles. In turn, the cost ceiling profile CD-60 (country-manufacturer Ukraine) - 100-150 rubles. Cost Profile KP 4050 (Russian production) - 155-165 rubles.
The width and height profile for suspended ceilings
Profile dimensions are important. For example, if you are using a standard visible profile of plastic, its mounting step should be no more than 200 millimeters. Visible edge moldings should have a width of 26-27 mm. Baguette attach such dimensions need to use the harpoon blade visible. When using plastic moldings such dimensions to use masking tape is not necessary.
If you want to make a curved ceiling without any visible sections of steps, you can use an invisible baguette. The height of the transition of the baguette from the ceiling level is about 2-3 centimeters.
Step fixing profile for stretch ceiling depends on the type and size of the profile
When mounting tension ceiling, you can use:
- Visible profile №3. The interval of the fastening moldings is 20 centimeters.
- Wall profile №5. Interval mount must be at least 15 centimeters.
- Separating profile №6. These types of baguettes should be used for the formation of several joint paintings. The length of such a profile of about 2.5 meters. The width of the spacer profile №6 may vary.
Can I install a suspended ceiling in a frame house
A suspended ceiling in a frame house can be, but it must take into account a number of nuances. As is known, the tension fabric is airtight material. Because of this, on the joists and boards can be formed mold.
To avoid this you need before you start to process logs using special impregnation. These solutions help to avoid not only the mold, but also hinder the fire.
Before installing suspended ceilings in frame house logs to be processed with a special solution against mold
Installation of stretch ceiling in the frame house is made in the following sequence:
- First you need to put on the walls of the mark by a hydraulic level.
- Attach bars around the perimeter of the ceiling.
- Then pull the fishing line.
- Thereafter, the primary timber can be attached.
Clothespin and gapless profile for suspended ceilings
Profile-pin is very popular. This baguette is well keeps the tension fabric and easy to bend. Using a profile-pegs can carry out installation in the shortest possible time.
The main advantages of pegs are:
- A significant reduction in the loss of height of the room.
- During installation, you can increase the area of a single sheet.
- Place junction stretch ceiling to the wall is not necessary to cover the baguette.
- Unusual mounting system allows you to create unusual designs.
Profile-clothespin can be quickly installed, it is easy to bend and keeps perfect canvas
If you want to create an unusual design, will suit gapless profile. Design made it possible to establish at the end of the transition unusual lighting. In addition, while using a gapless profile no need to install the trim.
Installation profile for ceilings (video)
A wide variety of profiles allow you to choose the best option easily. If your budget is tight, give preference to PVC profiles. Otherwise it is possible to apply baguettes made from aluminum or galvanized steel. Prior to installation, to find the best fastening technology. If you want to make a durable design, use the harpoon technique.