Ceiling tiles from foam: 5 best views
Foam ceiling tiles perfectly combined with various elements intereraPenoplast - it is an easy cheap and very useful for home stuff. If you want to quickly and inexpensively make finishing the ceiling, then be sure to consider the option with the foam. If done correctly pasting, as well as choose the right material, the result may please you more than a dozen years! Explore the varieties of foam plates and functional characteristics of each species.
Types of slabs of expanded polystyrene ceiling
Despite the widespread belief that the foam is only one kind, in reality there are as many as 3 types of foam, which differ in many respects. It is therefore important to know what constitutes each one.
Styrofoam plates of the type of production are of three types:
- Stamped plate. This kind of done with the help of the press, stamping out the building blocks of Styrofoam. Stamped plate cheapest in relation to other types of boards, it is easy to catch on to the ceiling, it can be painted with latex paint. Despite all these advantages, this type has its drawbacks: the perimeter of such panels is edge, because of what each slab is allocated on the ceiling. But perhaps the main disadvantage - is the fragility of such a plate.
- Injection plate. This tile is thicker pressed. It is made of high quality raw materials, bake in the molds. Also, its thickness makes it possible to put a deep embossing pattern and piping for installation almost invisible, making the ceiling looks like one piece. This plate material is self-extinguishes when burning, so I am safe in a fire.
- Extruded plate. It is manufactured by extrusion of polystyrene and has a grayish white color. This plate is the strongest, but it is as thin as a stamped plate. Its disadvantage is a fairly high price, but also in the fact that the dimensions of the product are not accurate enough, and the installation clearances are obtained.
Fire safety and sound insulation - the main advantages of the ceiling tiles from foam
Of the three types of the best option in terms of price and quality is an injection. Therefore, if you want long-lasting beautiful tile, choose exactly this kind.
Finishing the ceiling foam tiles: the pros and cons of solutions
If you decide to use this material for finishing your ceiling, it is recommended to get acquainted with the advantages and disadvantages, which is the material.
The disadvantages of foam include the following:
- The lack of indicators for environmental performance of the material. Styrofoam is not breathing, it is completely made of non-natural materials therefore necessary to provide decent ventilation system for correct air circulation.
- Plates are melted at high temperatures, so there are limitations to the location of foam materials.
- Not shockproof. If there is a risk of getting acute or sharp objects on the ceiling, it is best to refrain from the foam on the ceiling.
- Unpresentable. If you do not bother too much over the selection of high-quality and original plates, the result may not be too attractive: visible seams, crumbling edges, bumps and other troubles spoil the overall feel of the room. Therefore, carefully look at the quality of the material and the pattern on the proposed foam plates.
The foam tile has the risk of yellowing when exposed to sunlight
All the disadvantages of foam boards with more than cover the advantages: cheap and easy to polystyrene tiles hides minor flaws of the ceiling, as well as to decorate the room with proper approach to the choice of drawing and installation.
How to glue the ceiling tiles from foam
That was produced pasting the ceiling surface with a foam plate, you must first check the status of the original ceiling surface. Remember that the plates are really able to hide small defects of the ceiling, but do not trust the foam deepening and dissolves more than half a centimeter.
If your ceiling is relatively smooth, clean and ready for pasting, then perform the following steps:
- Mark the ceiling diagonals from corner to corner.
- Begin pasting from the central part with a special solution to the adhesive base.
- Presses the plate to flow with little effort, but so as to give maximum grip.
- Each of the next slab should go as close as possible to the previous one; avoid gaps.
- If desired, you can stick the ceiling moldings. This completes the picture.
Tiles made of foam can be glued to almost any surface
To create a sense of relief or tension ceiling tile seamless use of top quality materials.
The ceiling of the foam plates: features of operation
If you have already installed the foam ceiling tiles, then maybe you need help in some areas of operation of such a ceiling. The fact that it is often sloppy when pasting one or more plates may leave its original place. In this case, the tiles need to be replaced. If transgressed tiles remained intact, it should only remove the remains of old glue and paste the item again. In the case of fault parts have to look the same.
When purchasing be sure to calculate the plate 5-10 pieces in case of plate damage. Maybe in a few years, you will not be able to find a tile that you need.
To update the decor in the room, the ceiling is made of PVC-tiles can easily recolor
There is a way to minimize all possible risks and troubles associated with the foam ceiling. In this way, a painting of the ceiling.
What features should you consider if you decide to paint the ceiling of the foam:
- When painting is best to use water-based paints.
- Painting will help hide the seams of ceiling tiles.
- Correctly chosen paint will transform beyond recognition foam.
- If the pattern on the plate too much relief, it is necessary to use not only the roll, but the brush.
- Apply the paint should only be on a clean dry surface.
- The paint is applied more often in multiple layers after complete drying of the previous one.
styling foam tiles on ceiling (video)
largely depends on the design of the room, the ceiling looks like. In order for little money to make a beautiful surface, you can pokleit neat plates are not cheap, and to enhance the positive effect of paint to use. If you want to see the room cozy and well-kept, the ceiling tiles allow you to independently turn a boring ceiling in a pleasant to the eye surface.
Ceiling tiles from foam (photo)