Building materials company Knauf: 3 types of Drywall
Drywall «Knauf» is a leader in the construction market of our stranySvoe name, company Knauf has received from the names of two of its founding brothers, Karl and Alfons. Its history begins in 1932, when the light was born «Reinisch Gipsindustri und Bergverksunternemen». They were first product mixes, which is based on natural gypsum. A few years later they opened a factory in a town called Iphofen, and began to be produced drywall since 1958. In subsequent years, Knauf only grew, turning into a large family with its subsidiaries throughout the world, and in 1993 they started their activities in Russia.
Types GCR Knauf
Over the years, the company Knauf continues its development. In its arsenal of a growing number of new materials.
It is worth noting that the expansion of the production line does not affect the quality of the products.
As is known, the GCR is used for interior decoration. Which is undoubtedly very convenient.
With a variety of types of drywall company «Knauf», you can furnish any room
Drywall can be classified according to the following properties:
- Standard. It is used for lining the premises where normal temperature is kept. It is suitable for work in offices, homes, in the enterprise. standard sheet color is gray or blue. This is the most inexpensive and commonly used type of GCR. The indisputable advantage is the safety for humans and nature.
- Water resistant. Available in green. It is used in places with high humidity, or poorly ventilated areas (showers, swimming pool, sauna, WC, sanitary facilities).
- Fireproof. This drywall is applied where necessary to comply with fire safety regulations, or fever. For example, when working with wood, with a fireplace boiler, near the evacuation outlet. It has a pinkish color.
Knauf Plasterboard: Dimensions
To work effectively with plasterboard need to know its exact characteristics.
Company Knauf stands out, which leaves its mark on the product. In GCR for these purposes is the obverse side of the sheet. The dimensions of the sheet of drywall, often are measured in millimeters and meters.
The size of a standard sheet of drywall «Knauf» 1200 to 2000 mm
Gypsum material is used for a variety of jobs. With it being built walls, fireplaces are created, will be coated with a wall, the arches are built. In addition, this material is useful in finishing the work as easy to interact, and wallpaper and paint, and tiles.
GCR has the following dimensions:
- Standard. Thickness 12.5 mm, and the length - 2 m, 2.5 m, 2.7 m, 3 m, 3.3 m.
- Refractory. The thickness of 12.5 m, and the length - 2 m, 2.5 m, 3.3 m.
- Moisture resistant. 12.5 Thickness Length - 2 m, 2.5 m and 3 m.
The most commonly used area of 3 square sheets. m. Such a sheet weighs 29 kilograms. Packaging GCR is composed of 5 sheets.
Specifications Knauf GCR: the necessary tools
For high-quality processing facilities drywall, use a variety of tools.
Despite its apparent simplicity, the flow chart is obtained impressive. Of course, most of these tools the pros use only.
Let us analyze this set and its characteristics.
The advantage of disc cutter that plasterboard sheet before cutting is not needed in the markup, and edges remain smooth
Most of the tools presented should absolutely not expensive, so it is recommended to get this list:
- Puncher will truly indispensable tool for the job.
- Screwdriver-drill. With the help of the perforated segment is created, into which screws are screwed in further. Another way to use it is loosening the bolts of the GCR.
- Prosekatel. It is used for bonding metal profiles.
- Needle roller - a tool designed for even puncture the GCR.
- Plane. It is used to align the ends, stripping and giving the necessary form GCR.
- The disc cutter. Suitable for cutting small strips of drywall.
- I saw the ring - is used for making holes for lighting and sockets.
- Knife-saw. Used for cutting drywall, cut the holes for the switches.
- Knife. You can use the office.
- Tape measure and ruler. Required for marking a sheet of plasterboard.
- Level. Used to determine irregularities.
Mount Technology Knauf Drywall
Knauf Plasterboard brand so popular also because of its installation technology is quite simple.
The highlight of this process is the lack of wet work, which reduces the working time and makes it easier.
The relative cheapness of the material is also not indifferent to people. GCR is suitable for the most extravagant design ideas. Manufacturer Knauf made sure to work with the installation of drywall cope even novice.
You should know that plasterboard can be installed using one of the following ways:
- Without the use of the framework. In this embodiment, the GCR simply glued to the wall. Disadvantage of this method of installation - the substrate must be perfectly flat.
- Using the carcass. TIGI system for fixing the FCL may be both metal and wood. The second option is not very easy to use and will last a lot less.
Installations using metal profiles is considered to be more convenient. Reviews professionals about it quite decent.
It must be remembered that the installation of drywall technology «Knauf» does not recommend indoor use with unstable humidity
Let us discuss it in more detail:
- Preparation. Before installing the frame and paneling, you must undertake some of the work to the surface. First we need to clean them from the old lining, remove all unnecessary. Further, it is recommended to putty surface to be treated and to treat it with primer.
- Installation. It is best to use a metal profile. Its performance is much higher than others. During the installation work should constantly monitor the construction. Start with the markup. It is best to do layout and on the wall and on the ceiling and on the floor. On the profiles, apply sealant or sealing tape. Screw the guide. The distance between them should not be more than 100 cm, and for setting each profile 3 for recommended fastening. Fasten hangers to the wall using appropriate plugs. Install profiles and fasten with screws.
- Stacking. GCR is mounted on the angle. The distance between the screws -2.5 cm. Only the entire web. Remains screwed at the end. If the height is less than sheathe gypsum board walls, then add space engages the guide profiles, and only then sheathe. Do not create joints around windows or doors. This will increase the likelihood of cracking. Screws need utoplyat in GCR 0.1 cm from the surface.
- Facing. Plasterboard perfectly interacts with any finishing materials, and, nevertheless, it is necessary to treat it before finishing work. It is necessary to putty construction, focusing on the joints of the sheet.
Not recommended to use putties, probably best to use. Finishing touch will be primed surface.
Memo newcomer: plasterboard Knauf
There are a few rules, which should be available before the start of repair.
If you use a water-resistant gypsum board «Knauf» is necessary to work with screws having a sharp head
- All installation of drywall should be carried out before the new floor will be installed.
- The room temperature should not fall below 10 Co. If the repair is carried out in winter, you should wait for the start of the heating season.
- Where the GCR dock with the frame or jamb, drywall sheets can be closed with the decorative casing.
- What writing instruction must be followed. Otherwise, the result will be not the same level of quality that you expect.
Do not forget that you need to leave a gap when working with plasterboard.
Overview and types of plasterboard Knauf (video)
All these recommendations will help to carry out repairs as possible is not only fast, but also qualitatively. Choosing plasterboard Knauf and observing all the rules for working with them, you can create a perfectly smooth, strong and durable wall. Success in repair!