Box of drywall on the ceiling: installation rules
Plasterboard box - the basic element needed for the installation of basic designs for repairs it is important to pay attention to the decoration of the ceiling. A high-quality ceiling will look stylish and beautiful, and the coating will last for a long time. Box of drywall on the ceiling can be made with your own hands. In this case, you need a serious preliminary preparation of materials, tools, and instructions to help you step by step in installing the ceiling. Box design can be very diverse. He will hide all the unsightly elements of the original ceiling and wiring.
Box of drywall on the ceiling design features
Niche plasterboard has many advantages. With it, you can hide all the communications and wiring. It also hides defects ceiling. The box allows you to set the lighting devices of various types.
In order to proceed with the installation, you must first select the drywall. The basis material is a gypsum manufacture, the sides of which is paper.
Paper performs several basic functions of the material.
Functions of the paper layer in the plasterboard
- Protects plaster;
- Supports stretching;
- It allows restrain internal stress of the sheet.
Before you begin, you should familiarize yourself with the rules of the box installation of plasterboard
These functions are used when working with this material, which in turn is divided into several types.
types of drywall
- Normal. It is used for finishing dry rooms for walls and ceilings.
- Moisture resistant. Its specially impregnated protective mixture. It does not allow appear fungus and mold, and also has a water-repellent properties.
- Fireproof. Effective refractory material comprises mineral fibers and additives.
In choosing the material it is important to pay attention to its quality. Acquisition of the poor quality of the drywall will lead to a waste of resources and the inability to use the material for other purposes.
Height boxes of plasterboard on the ceiling: the correct calculation
When choosing the drywall is important to consider the size of the sheets, as for every kind of surface they have different characteristics and requirements.
When installing the boxes is important to adhere to correctly calculate the size of the construction. This is due to the difficulty of the installation box.
To carry out the drawing of the future product is necessary to measure the size of the dwelling and take into account the client's wishes
For each room to develop original designs plans to be followed. An example of calculation work may include the following parameters.
Indicators height calculation
- The height from the bottom to the ceiling duct should be not less than 120 mm .;
- The depth of the box consists of 100 mm.
- The lower part of the box can be variability, its length does not affect the installation of the structure.
After calculating the altitude test and can proceed to the installation of the drywall construction duct.
How to make a box of drywall on a ceiling yourself
Self-mounted box to be very careful. It is important to follow all regulations and rules of the installation, since it affects the success of the installation.
duct installation rules of plasterboard:
- See to it that the ceiling surface is smooth, free of defects and changes. If necessary and poshtukaturit proshpaklevat surface.
- Use a special aluminum profile only factory construction. The material for the profile to be checked and quality, safe to use other materials.
- Apply labels to drywall do the necessary holes for the lights.
- Attach sheets to the frame and proshpaklevat.
Before starting the installation should be prepared for the sheets GCR required size
When scheduled rough plan, you can install a box of drywall.
- Make a layout with a pencil. An important role is played by the width of the sheets of drywall.
- Assemble the guide profiles. Holes in the wall doing a punch on the perimeter. Circuit design must first be applied to the floor, whereupon the ceiling transfer drawing. Marking must be accurate.
- Fasten the screws along the contour of the metal profile. To do this, you need to drill holes in them to score after dowels.
- Transfer the design on the ceiling surface. Drill holes and put in anchors them.
- Carry out measurements.
After that you should proceed with the installation of hangers.
It is important to pay due attention to the mounting rails. They must be at the same level throughout the length of the structure, and do not bend. To work you need to use only the best materials.
Mounting the suspensions to be performed strictly according to the instructions.
duct mount technology plasterboard (video)
Steps for installing hangers
- Cut with scissors hangers metal. It is the size of the suspensions will determine the size of plasterboard boxes.
- Secure sliced hangers on the rails by means of screws.
- Attach the guide rail to the suspensions.
- Attach the wiring to the ceiling. Secure the wires.
- Attach metal rails. To do this, cut lateral guides. Attach them to the rail with screws, are arranged perpendicularly.
- Cut sheets of desired length and width. Finished elements attached to the bottom of the box.
- Gather design, secure it with screws.
Installation will take place quickly and easily, if the preliminary estimates and measurements will be accurate. Professionals are advised to perform all actions in a strict sequence, strictly observe safety precautions and use only high-quality materials.
How to perform putty finished boxes
Putty - finishing boxes of plasterboard. It can make the surface of an ideal and the wrong actions can ruin the whole look of the finished structure.
- Spatula core;
- Spatula auxiliary.
Two spatula will be the main working tools.
The final stage of installation - a thorough primer boxes
During the spatulas should be in the hands. This will ensure a permanent transfer to the main putty spatula. It would also remove the excess plaster from the ceiling surface.
Using a narrow spatula easy to apply the base layer of putty, and align it better wide spatula.
- With the perforated form a geometric bracket protrusion.
- Apply the mixture on the two sides of the outer edge, which is located closer to the rib structure.
- Produce grout using a major and then a fine mesh.
When the putty at all stages it is important to use a mixture of one manufacturer to avoid incompatibilities, and as a result, the peeling surface.
Caulking boxes of plasterboard (video)
Installation box of drywall - a practical solution for finishing the ceiling. When choosing the drywall is important to consider the type of premises in which the repair will be carried out, its purpose and the level of humidity. The materials used should be of the highest quality, the manufacturer must be checked and to be in demand among consumers. Installation steps to be performed in sequence - this will ensure the quality of the installation.