Bonsai tree: 5 main types and care rules
Bonsai - a miniature copy of any natural derevaPosadit bonsai can be their own. The main thing - to choose the right plant to make it feel comfortable in the environment. growing technology is not complicated, but requires regular monitoring of the formation, a huge time and effort. Caring for bonsai need to correct. It is important to create favorable conditions affecting the appearance and growth - light, humidity and temperature, watering, soil.
Bonsai: the birthplace of plants China or Japan?
"Bonsai" in Japanese means "tree in a pot". Many believe that the bonsai homeland - Japan. In fact, this art has its roots in China since 200 BC. e. A few centuries later, the Japanese have mastered the cultivation of small trees, perfected it, and at the moment it is considered a purely Japanese. It is with Japan began the triumphant development of bonsai on other continents.
Bonsai have been cultivated in China for more than two millennia ago,
Differences between traditional bonsai:
- Strong trunk with a strong root system at the base;
- The branches have a clear and distinctive line;
- Trunk with branches are clearly visible through the foliage;
- Bonsai is a clear similarity with their related species in the original.
Ideally, the Chinese tree - an absolute original of this tree, but in a reduced form.
Pot for bonsai is used with low edges, reminiscent of a deep saucer.
What does the bonsai tree: a literal translation
With the Japanese bonsai tree literally - "miniature tree on the saucer." This means that the plant should be grown in a small space. To create such an unusual plant requires tolerance and painstaking. Not everyone can cope with such conditions, because the growing process takes many years.
Ornamental plant symbolizes wisdom and restraint, and its cultivation - a very long and laborious process
Bonsai tree symbolizes:
Bonsai - not a common occupation. It is an art, it involves the use of special personal qualities. Philosophy trees growing requires a great deal of patience, endurance and effort. Due to his longevity bonsai trees symbolize and reflect the whole story. In this case, the content and the look speaks for itself - ragged bark, broken branches, a huge root system.
In Japan, growing bonsai, which is already more than a thousand years.
Most sought after conifers, as this kind of symbolizes eternity, compared with deciduous discharging their leaves each fall.
Bonsai tree: Plant species
Choosing plants for bonsai is huge, but the preference is mostly coniferous species. These types of plants are more durable and hardy, with small evergreen leaves.
Some species of bonsai can be grown in the aquarium
Bonsai distinguish the main types:
- Having a green look all year round;
- Flowering spring;
- Actively blooming in the summer;
- Flowering in the autumn;
- Having the characteristic shape of the trunk with branches noticeable after shedding leaves.
It is important to remember that bonsai is not a houseplant. In the house such a plant may be a few days, then it starts to hurt and suffer from the hot dry air.
Outside plant needs protection from rain, sun and wind.
Which plants are suitable for bonsai in our climatic conditions
Before you start growing bonsai with their hands, you need to decide which plants are most susceptible to natural conditions in your area.
In our climatic conditions it is possible to grow a bonsai oak
Bonsai can be grown from:
- Pine, thuja and spruce;
- Syringa vulgaris or Hungarian;
- Multiple variety of spirea;
- Cherry, apple or pear;
- Almond low;
- Siberian larch;
- Money tree (Crassula);
For the cultivation of miniature trees from scratch at home fit any seeds undemanding plants. Special demand wisteria. Small flower densely covers the branches, thereby giving special appeal sapling. The plant is doing well in the room environment.
Apple tree - a good option for bonsai. With proper care, you can get a beautiful and fruitful ornamental tree.
Bonsai Plants and Care
Grow miniature trees can be both from softwood and from hardwood plants.
To grow a miniature tree, it is necessary from time to time cut off the top
The greatest demand is:
- Olive Tree (European olive). Evergreen bonsai tree in a bush with an annual flowering. Favorable environment with an air temperature + 5-18 ° C and sufficient light. He loves the fresh air. The soil is better to pick up from the sand and clay. Watering as it dries.
- Tea tree (Carmona). The height of an adult tree up to 10 m. Such evergreen likes heat and light.
- Chinese elm Chinese. The most tolerant tree for beginners. The main condition for maintenance - heat, sunlight and moist soil.
- Mix-bonsai. Trees of different species, care for them is pretty simple.
It is not difficult to grow from zero to a miniature flower and bonsai pine, oak, arborvitae, deciduous species of juniper. Such plants are more adapted to our climate. Caring for them is not particularly distinguished by some supernatural characteristics. They can grow from seeds or sprouts ready rostochku brought out of the woods.
For these plants are suitable deep containers of ceramics.
Deciduous bonsai after shedding leaves can be removed in a dark place.
How to grow bonsai from seeds at home
To grow bonsai from seed on their own - an interesting exercise, required great patience and desire. There is no guarantee that everything will turn out right the first time, as this process is very long and tremulous.
With proper care, you can grow from seed absolutely any tree
The process of growing bonsai includes:
- Caring for a seed for several years. It is preferable to choose the seed, taking into account the natural climate of your place of residence. Unpretentious feel ficus or pine.
- Care germ. In a small bonsai must be periodically ventilated. After the appearance of the 4 sheets of the plant need to dive and have already begun to feed two months. Closer to winter, the plant should be removed on the window sill and stop fertilizing.
- Care miniature tree. It is necessary to constantly monitor the sufficient illumination (indoor bonsai) and periodically spray the plant with water. After a few years you can begin the formation of bonsai.
It is important to create a favorable climate for the plants, especially in the early stages of growth.
How to care for bonsai at home
Proper care of the bonsai should be organized taking into account the variety of the plant, depending on its capriciousness and features.
Tree must be grown in outdoor environments, protecting it from the winds of the Doges and excess sunlight
Highlights care bonsai:
- Timely pruning the plant crown;
- To prepare a fertile ground - a clay, sand, humus, and humus;
- Observe favorable temperature conditions, mostly + 10-18 ° C;
- Drafts are the main enemy of the miniature trees;
- Avoid direct sunlight;
- Watering plant need at the moment when the upper layer of the soil is completely dry.
Trim bonsai need to constantly, otherwise can grow conventional decorative bush.
The more sunlight, the plant is better adapted to higher temperatures and vice versa.
The basic kit for growing bonsai
For the cultivation of miniature trees can purchase a special set and not wasting time on the preparation of the special soil or the choice of a suitable pot.
The kit for growing bonsai can also be part of a working tool for the treatment of soil and caring for plants
The kit for growing bonsai include:
- Plant seeds;
Some kits have at their acquisition wire and a special tray. In principle - "every whim for your money."
Buy a ready set can be in a store or order online. In this case, at the same time, you can select any of the seeds in its sole discretion.
How much growing a bonsai tree from seed
Bonsai growth period is determined according to the kind of wood. Grow a miniature tree with seed houses require a lot of effort and patience.
Formation of the trees made a few years after planting seeds
Bonsai periods of growth:
- Courting seeds. This process, on average, it takes several years.
- Courting germ. the process becomes more interesting from now on.
All subsequent time bonsai grows and pleases its creator. In Japan, cultivated plants such whole centuries and millennia, passing by inheritance tree. Some bonsai trees live up to 4 thousand years.
The most durable - Coniferous bonsai.
Now available to buy ready-made sprout and put it right. In this case, you can save a few years. But the guarantee that this is actually the very tree, not dwarf fake, you do not get. The cost of a bonsai tree is directly dependent on the plant species and on how old he is. Seeds are inexpensive - a few rubles apiece. And for comparison, the maple bonsai height of 30 cm costs about 1900 rubles, and the same plant 65cm - 11900 rubles.
How to transplant the Bonsai: step guide
Simultaneously with the transfer tree is replaced Soil and bowls. Transplanted bonsai should be roughly every 1-2 years, evidenced by its appearance and growth process.
Before transplanting the plant should not be watered. Soil should be dry and easily separated from the roots
Stages transplant bonsai for beginners Guide:
- Drainage holes should be strengthened;
- Tree roots carefully cleaned of soil;
- Bonsai placed in a new environment and spread the roots;
- Scissors cut roots somewhere 1/3 or retreat from the edge of the bowl 2 cm;
- The plant is placed tightly, pressing soil with your fingers.
Repot the plants under the age of 5 years is necessary every year in spring. Soil changes every time a new one. The first formative pruning in about 5 years. Bonsai, whose age is 10 years old should be repotted once every 10-15 years.
Bonsai in the new soil can not give away the bright rays of the sun during the first two weeks.
How to grow bonsai (video)
Bonsai has received wide popularity in countries around the world. We could not miss such an art lovers of needlework. Miniature trees are made of different stones gems or beads. The process of making bonsai and stone pretty creative and challenging, requiring care with the use of imagination. Recreating the original in this design hides a mystery and a special energy.