Adhesive plasterboard 6 applications
High-quality adhesives are designed to provide a safe and tight connection with a variety of drywall osnovaniyamiGipsokarton is a very popular material for repairs, and eventually its popularity is growing. However, installation of gypsum boards often involves extra difficulties and high material costs associated with operating the metal profile. To solve this problem is designed special glue.
Glue for GCR: scope
The adhesive used for attaching gypsum board is not highly specialized material.
It can perform some other tasks:
- Installing the GCR;
- Fastening insulation of mineral wool and gypsum combined panels;
- Work with expanded polystyrene;
- Installing pazogrebnievyh plates;
- Laying decorative tiles;
- Decorative articles made with gypsum, such moldings.
Before sticking to the wall of plasterboard, the surface must be cleaned of dust, align and coat primer
Using such a multi-functional solution allows not worry about the quality and durability of the adhesive coupler made using furnish GCR.
But we must understand that the adhesive is only effective when installing drywall to concrete, brick or aerated concrete base.
Furthermore, the surface though and should not be perfectly flat, but nevertheless the deviation from the level of the entire height of the wall must not be more than 3 cm. If the wall is more bumpy, then you should try its level a little, and after that try to stick to it drywall sheets. And for better coupling material base is first necessary to remove dust, primed and dried.
The optimal adhesive for plasterboard: what to choose
Glue for GCR should be selected based on the type of room, grounds, experienced craftsmen who are with him will work, and, of course, the material means.
Gypsum adhesive for stickers Volma drywall in wet areas
At the moment, there are several options for the most common adhesive for plasterboard:
- Knauf Perlfix. Any professional familiar with this brand, the composition has a high water resistance, and therefore is ideal for the bathroom or kitchen.
- Polyurethane adhesive. Well-suited for working with GCR, economically spent, but requires the purchase of a special gun to its proper application.
- Gypsum adhesive Volma. Perfect for use in rooms with high humidity, in addition, the mixture protects against the action of microorganisms.
- Fugenfuller. This is actually a plaster, which has a wide range of applications, ideal use of this agent for fixing tiles on plasterboard.
- Silicone adhesive. It is also called sealant and used primarily for the treatment of cracks and joints in order to protect the penetration of moisture so it is perfect for sticking wallpaper and light GCR.
- Ceresit. This mounting adhesive is also perfectly suitable, although designed originally for the tiles.
When buying glue mixture it is necessary to check its expiry date and the substrate is required to follow the instructions, because the glue can be applied and a dot, and a continuous layer.
All blends are suitable for specific types of premises have different costs and duration of drying, so you need to consider these data when selecting the optimal variant.
High-quality adhesive for plasterboard Knauf
German brand Knauf has long occupied a firm place in the market of construction materials, experts take into account the reputation of the company and the quality of its products, and therefore often give preference to construction mixtures of this particular manufacturer.
The adhesive products manufactured by German company Knauf, high quality and minimum norms of consumption when working with gypsum materials
It is worth noting a few key points that indicate that the manufacturer really be trusted:
- Knauf produces not only adhesive, but they themselves sheets of drywall, and therefore knows very well what qualities should have an adhesive solution;
- When the repair work is always better to give preference to the different materials of the same manufacturer, but Knauf mixture excellent job with another firm GCR production;
- Knauf offers a guarantee on their products when properly handled and stored;
- A small pot life (about six months) allows buyers to always work with fresh high-quality solution.
Given these facts, it is fair to put the products of this brand on one of the highest quality and reliability. Serious German company offers products for major repairs.
However, the manufacturer can not vouch for their goods, which have been violated shelf life and storage conditions, thus these data need to check back in the store before buying.
The best adhesive for drywall Perlfiks
The above list presented just two mixtures Perlfiks and Fugenfuller, produced a trademark of Knauf. However, it Perlfiks is ideal for the installation of the GCR.
Characteristic features adhesive Perlfiks are good adhesive ability and lack of harmful compounds in the composition
Here are its specifications:
- The adhesive may be used at a temperature from +5 to +30 Co;
- The most reliable option for fastening panels - a glue layer thickness of 2 cm;
- It has a high resistance to moisture, and therefore available for use in the bathroom, on the balcony or in the kitchen;
- After preparation of the solution and the dry mixture must be used within an hour;
- The adhesive cures completely within a week after application at normal room temperature conditions, without jumps and drafts;
- Shelf life of the dry mixture in the closed package is half;
- Flow rate was 5 kg / m2;
- The mixture is ready to use, requiring only dilution with water;
- The composition is totally safe for health.
With the right preparation and the use of adhesive result after repairs remain permanently in its original condition.
Due to its good performance and ease of use, the glue Knauf Perlfiks is currently the most common means for bonding plasterboard panels. Furthermore, the mixture is sufficiently attractive price, which allows the FCL with it 4 times cheaper than using metal profiles.
How to cook the glue for plasterboard with their hands
Preparation of adhesive solution for plasterboard with their hands is not usually a difficulty if you follow the instructions.
Before starting the preparation of glue solution must purchase tools, and carefully read the instructions printed on the back side of the package
Usually simply buy ready-made dry mix in the store, and then mix it with water as follows:
- Take the empty bucket and a third fill it with clean water;
- Pour the mixture into the bucket to slide turned;
- With the construction of the mixer with a nozzle at the lowest speed to stir the resulting mass;
- Check consistency of the resulting solution and, if it differs from the thick cream, then add either water or dry mixture again carefully and stir;
- Writing mass to stand for 5 minutes;
- Again stir the solution with a mixer and you're ready to go.
If the instruction for the preparation of the solution on the label differs from the steps described above, it is necessary to act according to the instructions.
Properly prepared solution generally suitable for use within 30-40 minutes after its manufacturing, then the mixture thickens and can not be used without significant deterioration in its characteristics.
Be sure to keep in mind that you need to pour the mixture into the water, not water to pour into the mixture, otherwise the resulting mass will lumps and it is not suitable for repair.
How to choose the glue for plasterboard (video)
Glue drywall alone is not difficult, it is only important to choose the right depending on the type repaired the room and prepare the adhesive mixture according to the instructions. And it should be remembered that the high-quality construction materials are the key to a beautiful renovation.