5 steps to creating a corner for plasterboard
Beautiful box of drywall in the bathroom is original to decorate the interior and hide kommunikatsiiChtoby correctly make the angle of the drywall, you must have some experience or take advantage of the advice of friends who have worked with this material. Yes, drywall is a versatile material, but made some awkward movements during installation, it can break down and come to the uselessness, and this means that it is also fragile. Especially when choosing the method that drywall plates have resorted to various types of fasteners, from the screws, to large anchor bolts, which may damage the sheets. Angles of plasterboard secured on two sides, with the inner and outer sides of the right angle and is produced by means of a metal corner profile.
The angle of plasterboard: where to start to do
When decorating the room in the house, often face irregularities of the walls, creating angular design, putty holes and gaps in the wall. In this case, help gypsum boards, in particular, they can make the right angles of 90 degrees, and even to give it a different shape.
Plasterboard sheets are sufficiently plastic, so they allow you to make a box of any shape
For mounting angles of plasterboard in any master must present the necessary tools and accessories:
- The drilling machine (drill, hammer drill or screwdriver);
- Exchangeable head for a screwdriver (bits);
- Shears for cutting metal and a knife for cutting plasterboard;
- Self-tapping screw or screws of different diameters;
- Measuring tools (tape measure, level, mark, square);
This set is sufficient both experienced and novice master.
To patch up everything correctly, you must have reinforced profiles, spatulas, trowels, primer and plaster for the walls.
Such materials can be easily purchased in DIY stores.
How to make the angle of plasterboard
Before the start of the finishing work is necessary to use personal protective equipment: gloves and goggles to protect hands and organs of vision. This prevents injury during operation, e.g., during cutting of gypsum boards.
By the way, to make drywall corners, the wall should be puttied advance.
This will eliminate the uneven walls and facilitate further work on the walls in advance should be formed frame, which will be based plasterboard.
Instructions for creating the interior angles of the drywall is easy and does not require great knowledge:
- Firstly, you need to otchertit line on the floor, which will need to install a metal profile that is "the foundation" of the future wall. For a correct and precise positioning, use the building level and area.
- The ceiling is also necessary to make the line on which is positioned the profile from metal.
- Thereafter possible to start mounting the guide profiles mounted upright, perpendicular to the floor. The interval between the profiles is about 30-40 centimeters, and for fastening with screws, use dowels.
- The penultimate stage of the internal angle of the drywall compound is a frame with the wall, which will increase the strength of the wall. Fixing is done with screws for plasterboard.
- The final step is to seal the frame plasterboard. In order that the angles of sheets are not damaged and did not break, it is necessary to make a cutting and chamfer on plasterboard on a 45 degree angle using grinder or jigsaw.
Before starting repair work on installing the boxes should first make measurements on the ceiling and on the wall
You need to try as much as possible in parallel to establish the profile of both the floor and the ceiling to the walls were straight.
To enhance the carcass structure, will help set the gain, galvanized double profile.
Inside corner takes the brunt of the load, so the angle can be strengthened by means of additional screws installed. After installation is complete, should be plastered putty joints and corners.
External corner doing so:
- The first thing you need for finishing outside corners to do the layout, which will be installed perforated metal or plastic corners, as well as to measure and cut the required length.
- Take a look and make sure that the corners of the profile were flat over the entire length, it can be done using a spirit level or a corner.
- Secure the corner with screws and install it vertically, ie perpendicular to the floor;
- The final step is to fix the profiles by adhesive gypsum based. Promazhte perforations adhesive corner with a spatula thick.
After drying, unscrew the retaining screws, holes and zashtukaturte treat the surface grinding wheel or sandpaper.
Corner metal Drywall
As experience shows, it can be used as timber corners, and metal. However, first there are some drawbacks.
- It is necessary to further process the antiseptic solution, to prevent mildew and wood pests;
- The wood absorbs moisture, which affects the shape and durability;
- Unlike metal, which can make absolutely any form, it is impossible to bend the tree.
The most popular and in demand are metal corners for plasterboard
On a par with wood defects, metal significant advantages.
To determine exactly which profile to choose wooden or metal, you need to come from the budget for repairs, if it is small enough to confine wooden profiles or better their combination with metal, it would be more sensible option.
Among them are:
- The flexibility and ductility (can be given any shape by making an incision on the lateral faces of the profile);
- It does not require additional treatment against rust and flowering (the entire surface of zinc);
- Improved strength;
- We can also cite numerous examples of the use of metal instead of wood.
Therefore, the finishing work is almost always used only metal corners.
How to make the angle of the profile for drywall
The angle should be used for drywall metal, but that it is necessary to make accurate measurements of the size and profile to be able to deal with their views.
To achieve the right angle walls of drywall, you must first make the angle of the profile. For this we need a guide profile, which we installed on the floor, ceiling profile, fastening on the ceiling, and is parallel to the guide, and the rack profile, designed specifically for the creation of the frame and faces the future angle.
Properly fitted metal corners for plasterboard construction plasterboard will make boxes solid and reliable
Note: The profile rack can be replaced by highly directional, but it all depends on the profiles attached to the floor.
If the width of the guide profile is the height of narrow-profile, use less expensive option.
In order to make the angle of the profile for drywall, use the following instructions:
- Check the parallelism of rails and ceiling profiles of the first and second walls, and that they were also straight;
- Set the rack profile at the end of the guide, to form the line one of the corners, repeat the steps for the second wall;
- For mounting racks using special retaining corners, attached to the screws;
That's all the instruction and even if you think it's impossible, one has only to try, and all must succeed.
How to make a corner for plasterboard (video)
Plasterboard paneling in our time is a very popular finishing solution, since this material is versatile to use, sound insulation properties, as well as the cheapest in the construction market.